Areas of Practice
If you have been arrested and/or charged with a criminal or traffic offence, you don’t have to face it alone. The outcome of Court cases may be life changing; so give yourself the best possible chance with one of our criminal defence solicitors. We understand that allegations of a criminal nature are not just won by the brilliance of lawyers at court, but also by the strategies adopted and advice given at a very early stage of police investigations.
At Olives Solicitors we will advise you of the law and your rights at the police station, get you ready for any potential Court appearances and explain the Court procedure, so that you understand the process every step of the way. In Court we’ll defend your case strongly and clearly, so as to give you the best possible outcome. As an experienced firm, we regularly appear in Magistrates and Crown Courts and can represent you in any other forum where the law is an issue.
We can handle all areas of criminal law, including:
- Traffic and vehicle offences – including drink driving, driving without a licence and driving offences.
- Dangerous or negligent acts endangering persons – driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances, dangerous or negligent driving.
- Acts intended to cause injury – including all levels of assault, stalking and threatening behaviour.
- Justice procedure offences – breaches of bonds or orders, resisting or hindering the police, breach of suspended sentences or community service orders.
- Theft offences– including theft from residential and retail premises, receiving or handling the proceeds of crime and theft of intellectual property.
- Illicit drug offences – possession, cultivation or dealing in illicit drugs.
- Public order offences – disorderly conduct, criminal intent, riot and affray, liquor and tobacco offences, offensive language or behaviour and cruelty to animals.
- Fraud & Financial Crimes offences – obtaining benefit by deception, forgery of documents, dishonest conversion, SFO and NCA investigations.
- Property damage offences – graffiti, fire and explosion.
- Prohibited weapons offences – misuse, unlawfully obtaining or possessing a prohibited weapon or explosive.
- Sexual assault – aggravated sexual assault, rape and child pornography.
- Robbery, blackmail & extortion
- Homicide – murder, attempted murder and manslaughter.
If you are worried about likely penalties; and, are ready to receive some common sense legal advice?
Contact us to talk to an experienced criminal solicitor.